Monday 22 March 2021

Closing lines from literature which are powerful

If you love the classics, then you will love this list of powerful closing lines from some of the greatest literary pieces, curated by the Ennymedia review team.

"A LAST NOTE FROM YOUR NARRATOR. I am haunted by humans."

The Book Thief, Markus Zusak

"There was the hum of bees, and the musky odor of pinks filled the air."

The Awakening, Kate Chopin

"I'm fine. I have bad dreams but I never saw Mister Duck again. I play video games. I smoke a little dope. I got my thousand-yard stare. I carry a lot of scars. I like the way that sounds. I carry a lot of scars."

The Beach, Alex Garland

"The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, J.K. Rowling

"He was soon borne away 
by the waves and lost in darkness and distance."

Frankenstein, Mary Shelley

"He reached the top of the bank in a single, powerful leap. Hazel followed; and together they slipped away, running easily down through the wood, where the first primroses were beginning to bloom."

Watership Down, Richard Adams

"And the ashes blew towards us with the salt wind from the sea."

Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier

"Are there any questions?"

The Handmaid's Tale, Margaret Atwood

"It was the devious-cruising Rachel, that in her retracing search after her missing children, only found another orphan."

Moby Dick, Herman Melville

For more great classic reads, check out Ennymedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment